Adolescents | Small Group Instruction
Want to work for a growing company that allows you to make a difference in the lives of children and encourages professional growth? Then come talk to us! LearnWell is a company whose core values of integrity, constant improvement, and commitment are evident in everything we do. We specialize in providing education continuity in clinical settings so that every child who needs care is able to keep up with their education.
We are very excited to be partnering with a new facility in Center City Philadelphia, PA and looking for a creative and passionate part-time teacher to join our team. The position involves working with students in a small classroom setting to help support them academically while they are out of school and receiving treatment. We will be seeing students on the Mental Health unit as well as the Eating Disorder unit.
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teaching adolescents in small group setting
- Creating lesson plans and obtaining school curriculum for each child
- Working with children on their individual school curriculum
- Communicating with hospital staff
- Updating daily attendance and creating daily session reports for each student
- Communicating with student’s teachers and schools about progress
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid PA Teacher Certification
- Comfort with Microsoft Word, email and other technology such as SalesForce
This role is a 5 hour per day position: 9:00am-2:00pm. 3 hours will be dedicated to the classroom and 2 hours will be for administrative tasks.
You will have a very generous package of paid time off including vacation time, sick time, federal holidays, and paid school breaks. We also offer a generous benefits package partially paid by the company, paid family leave options, and an opportunity to contribute into a 401K after 3 months of employment.