K-12 | 1:1 Tutoring within Medical Setting
LearnWell is a company that provides educational services for students that are hospitalized and unable to attend school.
Our core values of integrity, constant improvement, and commitment, are represented in everything we do. If you want to work for a growing company that allows you to make a difference in the lives of children and encourages you to grow as a professional, then this position could be a great fit for you. We are very excited to be adding educators to our team in Washington, DC area!
The position involves working with students 1:1 to help support them academically while they are out of school and receiving treatment. These students are K-12 and are receiving tutoring in the main core subjects. We are looking for a tutor who can help assist with middle school and high school aged students on the 3 units that we work on. Each session generally is an hour and you can help build out your schedule based on hours that work best for you.
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Working with students 1:1 on individual school curriculum
• Communicating with parents and/or school district personnel about progress
• Updating daily attendance and creating daily session reports for each student
Hourly rate for position is between $20-$22/hr.
- Monday-Friday, hours between 9:00am-5:00pm
- Flexible hours that you help set, looking for someone who can take between 15-20 hours weekly
- Hold a valid State of VA teaching certificate
- Be comfortable teaching across all core subject areas especially at the high school level