K-12 |Great Leadership Opportunity!
Want to work for a growing company that allows you to make a difference in the lives of children and encourages professional growth? Then come talk to us! LearnWell is a company whose core values of integrity, constant improvement, and commitment are evident in everything we do. We specialize in providing education continuity in clinical settings so that every child who needs care is able to keep up with their education.
We are looking to bring a talented float teacher on board to assist with several of our locations. This could be a great next step for an educator that is looking for additional responsibilities and to take a step out of main stream education. We’re looking for a candidate who is comfortable with local travel and can be flexible with short notice. This teacher would be a great asset to our New England region and could be a leader amongst our other teachers. When this teacher is not covering at a location for a teacher absence, they would be reporting to a location to assist with classes, help build curriculum, and help assist with overall professional development of the region.
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teaching students in small group setting (each facility varies in terms of ages and abilities of students). Looking for someone comfortable assisting students K-12.
- Creating lesson plans and obtaining school curriculum for each child
- Working with children on their individual school curriculum
- Communicating with hospital staff
- Updating daily attendance and creating daily session reports for each student
- Help train and coach new staff
- Assist with overall professional development for the region
Travel locations would include:
- Guilford, CT
- Southport, CT
- New Haven, CT
- Rockville, CT
- South Windsor, CT
- Springfield/Holyoke, CT (depending on your location)
Position would be a full time, 10-month, benefit eligible position with summers off! Salary range is between $32,000-$35,000.
Benefits include 30 days of paid time off (holidays, personal time, sick time and school breaks). We offer a generous benefits package partially paid by the company that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, accident insurance, and cancer insurance. We also offer company paid family leave options, 401K, and tuition reimbursement. You will also be eligible to participate in our teacher’s quarterly bonus program.
*THIS POSITION REQUIRES A CT STATE TEACHING CERTIFICATION.
If you would like to like to take a step away from mainstream education and try a different aspect of a rewarding education career, please come join our hardworking team!