Part-time | $25-$30/hour | Home Instruction 1:1
LearnWell’s mission is to provide quality education to students of all individual needs throughout the nation. We are currently looking for a creative part time hourly tutor to tutor children in reading grades K-2 after school in their homes.
In this position, you will be working 1:1 with students to help them stay on track or catch up with their reading assignments after school. Students are between the ages of 5-8. There will be at the minimum 20 students that need tutoring over the course of the year within 5 boroughs of NYC. You will be able to find tutoring times that work best for your schedule, but we are looking for tutors that can maintain a consistent schedule with their student(s) as to maintain productivity while they’re getting caught up. We have a network of 100+ talented educators company wide and many other resources available to help you and the student be successful. Lessons and school work are obtained prior to any session occurring, so tutors also have prep time to feel prepared as well.
- Tutoring hours can be scheduled Monday-Friday between 8:00am-8:00pm
- Flexible hours that you help set, looking for someone who can take between 10-20 hours weekly
- Up to $30 an hour, based on experience
- Must be tech savvy. Will be using online programs and be able to troubleshoot and work though tech issues.
- Be comfortable assisting students in literacy skills grades K-2
- Be comfortable working with youth who have been through trauma.
- Have the ability to manage challenging behaviors.
- Be able to travel to all parts of the borough they are assigned to.
LearnWell is currently looking for tutors to provide literacy support in the following locations:
Queens- 2 tutors
Bronx- 2 tutors
Brooklyn- 2 tutors
Staten Island- 2 tutors
Manhatten- 2 tutors