LearnWell is currently looking for a creative part time hourly teacher to tutor students in a hospital placement in Washington, DC. In this position, you will be working with 1:1 with students in a medical setting to help them stay on track with their academics while they are unable to attend their traditional schools. Don’t worry, our teachers are not expected to know all grade levels and subjects! We have a network of 100+ talented educators company wide and many other resources available to help you and the student be successful.
* Monday-Friday, hours between 9:00am-5:00pm
* Flexible hours that you help set, looking for someone who can take between 30-40 hours weekly
* $19-22 an hour
* Hold a valid State of VA teaching certificate
* Have a passion for working with Adolescents
* Teacher should be comfortable teaching across all core subject areas especially at the High School level
In this part time, 10 month position you will learn new skills inside and outside of the classroom while working with pediatric and adolescent aged students. You will be part of a great team that helps students transition smoothly back to school. Since we are looking for this position to average between 30-40 hours weekly, this would be a benefit eligible position.
* 30 paid days off: that includes personal and sick time, federal holidays, and school breaks
* Healthcare options: medical, dental, vision
* Insurance options: short term disability, life, cancer, accident
* Paid family leave options
Position will begin with classes August 27th, but we would be looking for our new teacher to report to training on August 22nd.