Full Time Certified Teacher |Small Classroom Setting
LearnWell’s mission is to provide quality education to students of all individual needs throughout the nation. We are currently looking for our next creative and passionate teacher to fill our full-time teaching role in a unique psychiatric health facility and treatment program in Pittsburgh, PA.
This position involves working with students in a small classroom setting to help support them academically while they are out of school and receiving treatment. These students are attending an inpatient program while they’re receiving treatment for a variety of mental concerns including development disability, Autism Spectrum Disorder, and other maladaptive disorders. Part of their structured day is to receive 2 hours of educational instruction.
Daily responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Teaching multiple classes in small group settings (10-12 in a group)
- Creating lesson plans and obtaining school curriculum for each child
- Working with children on their individual school curriculum
- Communicating with hospital staff
- Updating daily attendance and creating daily session reports for each student
- Communicating with student’s teachers and schools about progress
- Valid PA teaching certification required with preference given to SPED certification
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively as part of a team
This role is a 10-month, 8 hours per day position. The role includes 30 days of paid time off (holidays, personal time, sick time and school breaks). We offer a generous benefits package partially paid by the company, paid family leave options, and an opportunity to contribute into a 401K.
If you would like to join a trail blazing team of individuals who strive to provide the best possible services to our students, apply today!